It’s Christmas Eve already! Happy Holidays everyone! Let the fun begin! To kick off this wonderful weekend ahead, I decided to compose a list of my top five favorite Christmas traditions. I hope you enjoy!
- Getting to Talk to and See Friends And Family-I love being able to see my close friends and family during the Christmas season. I especially love it when I get to see people I don’t have time to meet with very often.
- Watching 24 Hours of A Christmas Story– Every year my family puts on this movie, regardless of what we are doing otherwise. I love this movie and the laughter it brings to my family. I think it is the small traditions like these that are actually the most special.
- Christmas Cards– One thing that I have learned in the past few years is the true meaning of “it’s the thought that counts”. It really is. Sometimes I think I enjoy writing and reading Christmas cards more than I like opening presents.
- Waking Up Really Early To Open Presents– I don’t know what it is, but I am still like a toddler when it comes to Christmas morning. It isn’t really about opening the presents for me anymore, I just love watching the reactions of others when they open up their gifts. I love their beautiful smiles and their excitement when they get something they weren’t expecting. I just love it when everyone can be happy together. Their gratitude means the world to me! J
- Christmas Meals– My family eats together on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. While the food is normally delicious, what really means the most to me is the fun stories and sweet memories that we get to share together. We get to talk and catch up with each other. When it comes to the Christmas season, family is everything.
These are just a few of the many traditions I love about this wonderful time of year. It really doesn’t matter what traditions anyone has during Christmas, as long as they are enjoying it. It goes by much too quickly! 2016 will be here before we know it. I wish everyone a healthy, happy, and blessed Christmas. I hope you get to spend time with others and that you find enough Christmas joy to spread throughout the upcoming year. Merry Christmas, my friends!
What are your favorite holiday traditions? I would absolutely love to hear! Please share in the comments below or by clicking on my Contact Page. Thank you!